Saturday, April 10, 2010

Book of Mormon Summer Study

I just listened to Elder Bednar's talk about the three holy habits and decided it was time for me to plan a summer Book of Mormon study for my three young children. My older ones can read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and that is a reasonable goal for them. My little ones could never. So, what to do? Well, I'm thinking of a hero study. Maybe each week this summer we could focus on a different hero from the Book of Mormon. Obviously, I need to flesh this out. If anyone has any ideas, let me know! I want to be able to stand as a watchwoman from the tower for my children.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Definitely a worthy mother to go along with the worthy project. What would I do? You know me. Illustrate the stories. Make a book. Make a film (cut out pieces of paper- to make a scene by scene story, glue together, pull through a shoe box). But that's me for you.

Tami Micklos said...

Yes, caring for the spiritual welfare of your kids is definitely a worthy cause.

Although as a former Mormon raised in the faith, I wish my parents had taught me less about the Book of Mormon and more about the Bible.

I won't try to convince you, but I can tell you that now I have a true relationship with God and have found peace, and joy, in the Lord. My life has changed totally.

If you want, you can read more here:

http://4witness.org/ldsquestions/qlds-gospel.php
http://4mormon.org/mormon-life-purpose.php

God bless